Subject: KDE 2.1 on Debian (Progeny actually)

From: [email-masked] ([email-masked])
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 13:27:05 -0700

Can anyone tell me how to install KDE 2.1 on a progeny (debian)
system using apt-get?

FYI, I'd like some input on this, I tried installing Progeny last
night and was fairly dissapointed.  Aside from the install being
fairly unfriendly, I find it's admin tools to be fairly poor.  My
previous experience with Debian is that it was slow and hard to use.
I was hoping progeny would be different.  (I heard it's pentium
optimized, is that true?)

Dselect's user interface leaves ALOT to be desired.  The urpmi tool is 
ALOT easier to use IMO.  At this point, I'm strongly leaning towards
sticking with Mandrake.  But I want to give debian every last chance
(there must be SOME reason so many people like it... right?)

So if you're a debian user... convince me!  Cuz right now, I am UN
convinced. 

-- 
You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist.
		-- Indira Gandhi