Subject: scorpions vs dust bunnies

From: [email-masked] (Jason)
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 20:43:22 +0000

"David A. Sinck" wrote:
> 
> What are some of the preferred methods of preventing the dust bunnies
> from getting large enough that the scorpions run scared?  I've got a
> filter in place on the air handler intake, but the bunnies are
> definitely more menancing than the scorpions....
> 
> I'm hesitant to put a filter around the computer (although it would
> probably help with noise :-) because of the extra heat gain.
> 
> David
> You know it's time to mow the lawn when the birds start to perch in it.

I cant find the scanned image at the moment, I thought I had it
somewhere on here, but ...

I used to have a giant 286 case (it had a 486 in it) that I had cut a
huge hole in the top of. To this I mounted a very large 120VAC fan,
which made very little noise pumping about 60CFM. Around the fan was
an automotive air cleaner. 

Worked great.

-- 
jkenner @ mindspring . com__
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|
Working Together To       <__(_||_)| )| `(_|(_)(_|
To Build A Better Future.       |                   <s>