Subject: FTP client on KDE

From: [email-masked] (Alan Dayley)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 05:37:57 -0700

I must be getting better at Linux.  Lately I find myself answering my own 
questions.  But this one is a great open source story.

I found a GUI FTP client called KBear.  (kbear.sourceforge.net)  I downloaded 
the source tarball.  ./configure worked fine but it would not make.  I sent 
an email quoting the make output to the author using the link provide on the 
project page.  This morning, less than 6 hours later, there was a reply 
directing me to put an additional "include" line in one of the source files.  
I did that and make worked.  I now have a very nice FTP client, better 
supported than anything commercial!

Ain't open source grand!

Alan

On Tuesday 12 March 2002 10:17 pm, you wrote:
> I have been using ncftp in a konsole to throw files around but I have been
> having problems with posting binary files (images) to my personal site at
> my ISP.  It just stops the transmission and sits for a while before timing
> out.
>
> 1. Is there some setting or command variation I must use to handle binary
> files correctly?
>
> 2. Perhaps it is time to look at a GUI ftp client.  gftp does not count
> since I don't have gnome installed.  Any recommendations?
>
> Alan
> ________________________________________________
> See http://PLUG.phoenix.az.us/navigator-mail.shtml if your mail doesn't
> post to the list quickly and you use Netscape to write mail.
>
> PLUG-discuss mailing list  -  [email-masked]
> http://lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss