Subject: Compiler and header question

From: [email-masked] (der.hans)
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 15:22:15 -0700 (MST)

Am 08. Jan, 2003 schw=E4tzte Miles Beck so:

> > just "cd /usr/include && ls -a". You should see a bunch of files ending
> > with the .h extension. These are part of the glibc package so make sure
> > that you have this as well. I think this is part of the base package?
>
> Hm, I only see the following files there...
>
> ./  ../  FlexLexer.h  initreq.h  net/  proc/

You need the dev files.

$ apt-cache search libc6-dev
libc5-altdbg - The Linux C library version 5 (alternative debug files).
libc5-altdev - The Linux C library version 5 (alternative dev files).
libdl1-altdev - The Linux dynamic linker library (libc5 altdev files).
libc6-dev - GNU C Library: Development Libraries and Header Files.

So "apt-get install libc6-dev" should work. You might need libperl-dev as
well.

apt-cache search '\-dev' | less

That'll let you look at a list of dev packages available.

The real key to the problem might be editing authorize.net's install script
to not need this requirement as it's not taking into account how debian
backports security fixes.

$ apt-cache show libnet-ssleay-perl | grep ^Version
Version: 1.20-3
Version: 1.17-1
Version: 1.08-1.1

Are any of those new enough to satisfy the needs for authorize.net?

Long term it's better to stay with the packaged version of the software fro=
m
the dist if possible.

If you have to build on your own try:

apt-get build-dep <package>

Also look at dh-make-perl to make your own perl module packages.

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  HERE LIES LESTER MOORE
#  SHOT 4 TIMES WITH A .44
#  NO LES
#  NO MOORE
#        -- tombstone, in Tombstone, AZ