Subject: RedHat installed. . .now I need to patch APCI

From: [email-masked] (david uhlman)
Date: 12 Jul 2003 11:45:50 -0700

What kind of latptop? I have just finished installing redhat 9 + ximian
desktop 2 on a dell inspiron 8500 with the widescreen and have never
been happier with a system. It is absolutely gorgeous, on par with OSX
in my opinion.

ACPI support and patches can be very particular, there is most likely a
particular set of patches for you hardware depending on the level of
functioning you want (I have everything but suspend working which 2.4
doesn't really support anyway).

The -ac kernels typically have the best straight ACPI support.

Sincerely,
David Uhlman
CTO 50km Inc.

On Sat, 2003-07-12 at 10:44, ERIC B HOFFMAN wrote:
>  Woohoo!
> 
> I did it, I installed RedHat 9 successfully, with few (but frustrating)
> difficulties. Now I need to patch it with the APCI patch for my power
> management on my laptop.
> 
> I have the file, now what do I do with it?
> ---------------------------------------------------
> PLUG-discuss mailing list - [email-masked]
> To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change  you mail settings:
> http://lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss