Subject: multiple mounts for cdrom, now can't get in

From: [email-masked] (mazdaracer)
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 19:27:54 -0700

Trying to copy some files and installing some rpm's, I had to eject a 
couple of times and the rpm installer eject the cd a couple of times. 
Now when I try to mount I can't get a listing.

How do I update the system to remove the bad cdrom mounts?

# mount
/dev/hda9 on / type ext3 (rw,noatime)
none on /proc type proc (rw)
none on /proc/bus/usb type usbdevfs (rw)
none on /dev type devfs (rw)
/dev/hda6 on /boot type ext3 (rw,noatime)
none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,mode=0620)
/dev/hda5 on /home type ext3 (rw,noatime)
none on /mnt/floppy type supermount 
(rw,sync,dev=/dev/fd0,fs=auto,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0)
/dev/hda1 on /mnt/nt type ntfs (ro,iocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0)
/dev/hda7 on /var type ext3 (rw,noatime)
none on /mnt/cdrom type supermount 
(ro,dev=/dev/hdc,fs=auto,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0)
none on /mnt/cdrom type supermount 
(ro,dev=/dev/hdc,fs=auto,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0)
none on /mnt/cdrom type supermount 
(ro,dev=/dev/hdc,fs=auto,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0)
none on /mnt/cdrom type supermount 
(ro,dev=/dev/hdc,fs=auto,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0)