Subject: Re: suggest plug-chat list (was Re: OT as long as we are digressing tonight)

From: "der.hans" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 21:18:01 -0700 (MST)

Am 26. Jan, 2005 schwätzte Alan Dayley so:

> This could work but would be a constant effort for the few that know what it
> happening.  In my experience, non-geeks are not even sure what an 'email
> list' is, let alone all the rules of threads, reply-to's and other rules.

The non-geek issue is serious. We're trying to help people, so technical
barriers are problematic.

I would love to put a filter on the list preventing anyone from sending
mail from m$ clients. Same thing for HTML-only posts. But, that would up
the technical bar to get on the list. Maybe we could do that for the devel
list ;-).

We recently had someone get chastised for sending HTML-only. As I recall
the situation, he didn't realize his MUA was configured to do that and
promptly fixed it. I've also had people apologize for sending HTML-only,
but it was out of their hands to change it.

ciao,

der.hans
-- 
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.AZOTO.org/
#  Very frankly, I am opposed to people being programmed by others.
#    -- Fred Rogers, aka Mr. Rogers (1928-2003)
---------------------------------------------------
PLUG-discuss mailing list - [email-masked]
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change  you mail settings:
http://lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss