Subject: Re: grave bugs after download- should I install?

From: Joseph Sinclair <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 11:44:47 -0700

I assume you're trying to install the recent KDE security updates and
you received an error when you try to install them.
If so, the PCX issue is pretty minor. Most of the Debian-based distros
are having trouble with this because the fix was released broken (there
are two kde packages that use a fairly minor icon file, but only one was
released in the fix, so apt won't do the upgrade because the file is
"used by another package"). I'd say wait a few days until the fix is
(hopefully) re-released in a usable form. The kdestartup issue is
actually pretty minor too, only happens in some fairly rare instances,
if you can get that upgrade to install, go ahead, but don't worry if it
has trouble.

==Joseph++

Major.Mikey wrote:

>the first one says  "kdestartup finishes at frozen root window"
>
>that sounds serious but I figure I best ask you all
>
>the second says "Invalid calculaations of PCX image properties possibly 
>permits arbitrary code execution"
>
>I think I can live with this bug but I don't think I can wit thw first and as 
>I sstated before....'I best ask you'.
>
>---------------------------------------------------
>PLUG-discuss mailing list - [email-masked]
>To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change  you mail settings:
>http://lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss
>
>  
>
---------------------------------------------------
PLUG-discuss mailing list - [email-masked]
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change  you mail settings:
http://lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss