Subject: Re: Posting guidelines?

From: "Alan Dayley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 16:30:08 -0700 (MST)

Kenneth said:
>
> There was some mention in the thread on distros about top-posting.  I
> should
> have probably asked when I joined if there are any guidelines for this
> list.
> I spend a fair amount of time on usenet and try to stick to the guidelines
> of
> the groups I frequent, but if there's a consensus here that top posting is
> better I'll try to remember that.  I personally prefer top, at least for
> something relatively low-volume like this, as I'm likely to remember the
> context and not need to have it repeated before the new comment.

There was a good discussion about this back in 2003:
http://lists.plug.phoenix.az.us/lurker/message/20030926.152728.668c667a.en.html

That is about the best you'll get as far as guidlines or rules.  The list
is very tolerant of whatever you like.

As far as top or bottom posting, the following is an email signature from
someone else that explains my preference better than any other
explaination:

#---------------------------------------------------------#
| A. Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion |
| Q. Why is top posting bad ?                             |
#---------------------------------------------------------#

However, I tend to follow what the previous person did.  I have to
communicate with many, many top-posters that don't like it when I post to
the bottom.

Alan

---------------------------------------------------
PLUG-discuss mailing list - [email-masked]
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change  you mail settings:
http://lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss