Subject: Re: NFS performance issue

From: irb <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 16:30:09 -0700

* Quoth Sean Roe ([email-masked]), on Thu, AD 2005.11.03, at 16:12 -0700:
> here is the fstab I have on each of the clients:
> 
> nfs01:/data/apacheconf /data/apacheconf nfs rsize=8092,wsize=8092 0 0
> nfs01:/data/webcontent /data/webcontent nfs rsize=8092,wsize=8092 0 0

It shouldn't matter, but try 8192; then, if the problem persists, try
1024. If that solves it, increase by 1024 until to problem returns. Then
go back one.

Also, you might try doing NFS over TCP; suffix ",tcp" to your options
there. 

FWIW, I use variations on this:

ip.ad.re.ss:/dir/ect/ory /mnt/point nfs rw,hard,intr,nosuid,nodev,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,tcp 0 0

/i.
---------------------------------------------------
PLUG-discuss mailing list - [email-masked]
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change  you mail settings:
http://lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss