Subject: Re: A Linux Cafe In Phoenix

From: "Joshua Zeidner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 23:21:15 -0700

Judd,

  Yes, I think that would be the best strategy.  Ben Gould mentioned this
already.  I would really like to know where the major data pipes are in
phoenix and maybe I can put some kind of package together.  COX or Qwest
will not let you resell the data.  I can work out the financials fairly
easily.  If anyone is intrigued by this idea, please let me know maybe I
will start a seperate group or something.  Generally I am interested in
talking to these kinds of people:

   1) People who have experience or are currently running cafes( I know a
few people already )
   2) People who are independent OSS developers in Phoenix and elsewhere and
understand their needs
   3) Lawyers who work with IT contractors
   4) Entrepreneurs and Investors who are interested in a low-cap business
opp., are connected to the OSS sector or cafe biz
   5) People who would like to input ideas or development to such a project.

  I am a very fair guy and anyone who is interested we can cut into the deal
according to effort and experience.  Most of the effort is working out legal
stuff, developing infrastructure( web programming, etc. ), researching
pricing, etc.  I want people who are dedicated to Linux and Phoenix.
Possibly it may develop into a more general kind of OSS fiduciary.

jmz

On 2/23/06, Judd Pickell <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> I may have missed this in the conversation, but wouldn't it be technically
> easier to go into an existing cafe (probably a small locally run one) and
> just provide the services that have been outlined? Less overhead startup,
> and if the idea takes off, you could easily move to a new location.
>
> If I already missed that part of the conversation, I apologize, please
> feel free to ignore me.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------
> PLUG-discuss mailing list - [email-masked]
> To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change  you mail settings:
> http://lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss
>
>
---------------------------------------------------
PLUG-discuss mailing list - [email-masked]
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change  you mail settings:
http://lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss