Subject: Re: Take the 100% Open Source poll WAS Video Cards

From: "Alan Dayley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 11:01:53 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, November 16, 2006 8:07 am, JT Moree wrote:
>
> That's a very good question.  How many of us eat our own dogfood?
>
> Would everyone be willing to take a poll?
> http://www.pcxperience.com/WebGUI/index.pl/polls

Nice.

I voted but, as is normal for these things, none of the answer completely
fit my usage.  I chose #2, that I only use proprietary software at work. 
While I have no active Windows or other OS systems at home, I do use some
closed source software on my Linux systems.  Flash in the browser,
wireless networking blob and even a printer driver, for example.

I count my FS/OSS use as about 90% of the time in my personal life. 
Professionally it is currently about 35%, I guess.

Alan

---------------------------------------------------
PLUG-discuss mailing list - [email-masked]
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change  you mail settings:
http://lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss