Subject: Re: My Open Source (not officially so yet) License

From: "Matt Graham" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 11:41:52 -0700

> On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 12:53 AM, Andrew "Tuna" Harris wrote:
>> - Nobody with the company that produces the proprietary software  
>> may say the word "plinth" out in public.

This would also be interesting.  But would it be enforceable?  ISTR
that there are plenty of problems with unenforceable contracts, and
a judge who didn't like you or hadn't been paid off might use that as
a means to declare the license invalid.  Then again, IANAL.

From: Alex Dean <[email-masked]>
> "It is alleged that, on April 1 2015, Defendant did knowingly and with  
> malice aforethought duplicate software programs and code licensed by  
> Plaintiff, and did expressly failed to comply with Subsection 3.2.15  
> (Chicken Dance), commonly referred to as the 'Dancing Clause'.   
> Plaintiff seeks relief in the immediate performance of said Dance by  
> Defendant."

Then it'd be available in the public record.  Neat.  I wonder how much
silliness would happen if, say, the next release of libtiff was only
available under the Chicken Dance License.

-- 
Matt G / Dances With Crows
The Crow202 Blog:  http://crow202.org/wordpress/
There is no Darkness in Eternity/But only Light too dim for us to see

---------------------------------------------------
PLUG-discuss mailing list - [email-masked]
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change your mail settings:
http://lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss