Subject: Re: OT: BING!

From: Kurt Granroth <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 21:10:51 -0700

On 6/1/09 7:43 PM, mike havens wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 10:29 PM, Kurt Granrothwrote:
>>     Now for those properties that have both Bing Bird's Eye View *and*
>>     Google Streetview... well, it's so close to being there that it's almost
>>     virtual reality.  Awesome.
 > I don't think you realize... there is a satellite view google maps.
 > It has been there  a while. Or do you mean something else?

I've been a "power user" of online maps since mapquest was just starting 
out so yeah, I knew it was there ;-).  The satellite view is the 
"overhead" view I referred to me my original view.

The Bird's Eye View is presumably taken from a plane at a lower 
altitude.  You see an angled view of everything.  It is a KILLER feature 
for me since it gives tons more detail than an overhead shot will but 
more depth than a street view shot would.
---------------------------------------------------
PLUG-discuss mailing list - [email-masked]
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change your mail settings:
http://lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss