Subject: Re: PXE vs PXE

From: "Matt Graham" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 13:47:34 -0700

From: Dazed_75 <[email-masked]>
[loopback mounting of ISOs]
> And since there could be many such .iso's to mount are there any
> limits on the number of mounts, or mounted files, or ....  One might
> need to mount on demand to reduce some resource usage.  There is so
> much to learn I could almost wish I was 20 again. --- Nah, bad idea!

Usually, there are 8 loop devices.  If you need more, you can manually
mknod them and use more, up to... 4096?  Something like that.
/dev/loop0 is block, major 7, minor 0, and the others follow the same
pattern.  Or if you "modprobe loop max_loop=N", then you can have an
upper limit of N loop devices.  Usually, people don't need more than
a couple of loop devices at once.  If you need more, it's relatively
easy to get them running.

-- 
Matt G / Dances With Crows
The Crow202 Blog:  http://crow202.org/wordpress/
There is no Darkness in Eternity/But only Light too dim for us to see

---------------------------------------------------
PLUG-discuss mailing list - [email-masked]
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change your mail settings:
http://lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss