Subject: OT: Telephone land line and DSL alternatives?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 10:20:15 -0600

Are there any alternatives to Qwest for land-line telephone and DSL service?

Qwest has just raised their rates and I think some of the charges are
unreasonable, particularly for voice mail and the portion of the DSL
service that goes to M$ (which is the most irritating since I don't use M$
for anything).

For the land-line phone service, I pay $37.99/month which includes a
second land-line and voice-mail for one line. But then they charge $6.20
for each of the two lines for "Federal Access Charge" (probably can't do
anything about that).  But for voice mail on the second line, they charge
an additional $7.95/month plus $3.95 for an extension mailbox. That part
seems excessive to me. Surely there must be some other good alternatives.

The broadband charges  show as $38.00 for Qwest Connect Platinum
plus $16.99 for Qwest Connect PLTNM w MSFT, less "bundle savings"
of $5.00/month and a promotional discount of $15.00/month.
So $54.99 - $20.00 = $34.99/month.

Any suggestions?

---------------------------------------------------
PLUG-discuss mailing list - [email-masked]
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change your mail settings:
http://lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss