Subject: ssh in network

From: Michael Havens <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 16:19:25 -0700

Okay.... I figured out why the virtual (debian) couldn't ssh to the host
(mint). I didn't have openssh-server installed in the mint. Now they are
talking with each other nicely! Unfortunately I can't go from the either of
those to the print-server (ubuntu). The errors given from both computers is
'connection timed out'.
I can ssh from the ubuntu to  to the debian and the mint with no problem.
When I verified that openssh-server was installed on the ubuntu with apt it
said:

     openssh-server is already the newest version.
     openssh-server set to manually installed.

So I'm not too sure what that means. I think that is saying that the
downloaddd package is the newest version but it isn't installed! If I'm
correect on that point how do I install it and another question I have is
how do I get it to load on boot? I think that installing it will take care
of that but I just want to make sure.
-- 
:-)~MIKE~(-:
---------------------------------------------------
PLUG-discuss mailing list - [email-masked]
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change your mail settings:
http://lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss