Subject: Re: Installation frustrations

From: Michael Butash <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 11:59:58 -0400

I've been using 2, 4, or 6 monitors with ubuntu since 7.10, now using lmde.

Really more about what your video card supports - I use a 7970 Radeon 
Asus Matrix with 6x outputs on it for mine, prior a 5880 sapphire with 
6x out, or a 6970 asus matrix too.  The 6000 series will do a 
16384x16384 framebuffer, the 5000 and down only 8192. Mine's at 
11520x1200 with 6x 1920x1200 24" lcd's.  It's almost easy to setup 
entirely in the gui tools with the binary blob installed.

Just don't try to composite across it with compiz, it just comes 
unglued.  Without, it's awesome.

My g+ has some pics of it running minecraft, half-life, and secondlife 
on all 6.

-mb

On 09/24/2014 11:26 AM, Carruth, Rusty wrote:
>
> Now if somebody would make it so I can use more than 2 monitors on a 
> computer with 3 or more video outputs I'd be VERY pleased ;-)
>
> Rusty
>

---------------------------------------------------
PLUG-discuss mailing list - [email-masked]
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change your mail settings:
http://lists.phxlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss