Subject: pfSense and Netgate: was New Nginx documentation for beginners

From: Steve Litt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2019 02:34:42 -0400

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 14:31:08 -0700
Michael Butash <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Sort of off-topic, but curious our nginx user's thoughts on F5
> purchasing them now.  I have customers that use nginx in place of
> expensive adc/load-balancer products, like F5, and are now scared
> that F5 is going to ruin it, or at least start charging for any/all
> features as steeply as they do their mainstream appliance products.

While we're on the subject, I've used pfSense for over a decade and
recently upgraded at least two versions. The new version has all sorts
of admonitions that you can't sell pfSense because it belongs to
Netgate, and if you bought it from Netgate you have to do this and
that, and you can't use their trademark, and go to this page to buy it,
blah blah blah blah blah. I've been totally satisfied with pfSense for
over a decade, but am now considering moving to a straight OpenBSD/pf
setup, or pfSense's competitor OPNsense, or even switch to a Linux
firewall with IPTables, which I've always thought to be a multi-acre
field of sharply thorned brambles.

Anyone else getting jittery about pfSense?

SteveT

Steve Litt 
June 2019 featured book: Thriving in Tough Times
http://www.troubleshooters.com/thrive
---------------------------------------------------
PLUG-discuss mailing list - [email-masked]
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change your mail settings:
https://lists.phxlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss