Subject: Tcl as a scripting language: 4/2/2025 7pm Eastern Standard time

From: Steve Litt via PLUG-discuss <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2025 08:30:37 -0400

Hi all,

Where: GoLUG: https://meet.jit.si/golug
When: Wednesday, 4/2/2025 7pm sharp Eastern Daylight time
      Arrive 15 minutes early for Microphone check & discussion
Who: David Billsbrough, veteran Linux admin and developer
What: Tcl as a scripting language

If you're anything like me, you've always thought of Tcl as a
programming language, not a scripting language. And if you're anything
like me, you've looked at Tcl as a a competitor of Python, Lua, Perl or
Ruby, and preferred one of those. But when David told me he's going to
talk about Tcl for making shellscripts, well, that's a horse of a
different color. Will it be as good as my beloved KSH plus Shellcheck?
I'm going to this meeting to find out, and hope to see you there.

SteveT

Steve Litt 
GoLUG Publicity Coordinator
---------------------------------------------------
PLUG-discuss mailing list: [email-masked]
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change your mail settings:
https://lists.phxlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss