Subject: Re: Installing Linux (any flavor so long as it's accessible) to a 2012 Mac mini?

From: Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2025 07:13:20 -0700

Try ChatGPT or Grock.  I get more info and do not have to read multiple 
articles.  Be sure to validate what AI gives you to endure it is 
accurate.

On 2025-04-15 00:10, Eric Oyen via PLUG-discuss wrote:
> Rusty,
> Thanks for that. Google wasn’t being very cooperative in pointing me 
> there without having to pour through several pages. This is why I am 
> not liking google as a valid search engine. They are corrupting the 
> searches with algorithms that support certain points of view. It would 
> be nice to get my Mac mini up to Sequoia, but I am not holding my 
> breath. Slapping linux on this older Mac mini seems a bit more viable 
> and won’t have the bugs of a patched os. I will also hit up the orca 
> mailing list and see if anyone there has had any luck with the latest 
> versions of ORCA on ubuntu (there were a couple of versions back about 
> 5 years ago that ran into some problems where orca wasn’t working quite 
> right due to incompatibility issues with other projects (like Mozilla, 
> KDE desktop and other items).
> 
> -Eric
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------
> PLUG-discuss mailing list: [email-masked]
> To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change your mail settings:
> https://lists.phxlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss
---------------------------------------------------
PLUG-discuss mailing list: [email-masked]
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change your mail settings:
https://lists.phxlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss