Subject: Re: Running Win10 after end of life

From: Arun Khan via PLUG-discuss <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2025 15:27:19 -0700

On Thu, Apr 24, 2025 at 6:52 AM Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have one app that is windows only.  I am not going to upgrade to
> win11.
>
> What is the app and does it need internet connectivity ?

> I am going to try and migrate away from win10 at some point.  My daily
> driver is Kubuntu... I hope to cure the M$ issue by migrating completely
> onto Linux.
>
> The sooner the better*  Kubuntu 24.04 is a good choice.  It Looks and
feels like Windows.

Any thoughts on what I might want to do if I need to run win10 after
> it's EOL?

You can deploy a VirtualBox Windows 10 VM, with limited or no network
connectivity (depending on your application)

*FWIW, I have been 100% MS Windows free since Y2K

--
Arun Khan
---------------------------------------------------
PLUG-discuss mailing list: [email-masked]
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change your mail settings:
https://lists.phxlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss