Subject: Introduction to Tcl/Tk GUI applications: 5/7/2025 7pm Eastern Standard time

From: Steve Litt via PLUG-discuss <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2025 14:46:00 -0400

Hi all,

Where: GoLUG: https://meet.jit.si/golug
When: Wednesday, 5/7/2025 7pm sharp Eastern Daylight time
      Arrive 15 minutes early for Microphone check & discussion
Who: Steve Litt, Troubleshooter, Developer, Tech Writer
What: Introduction to Tcl/Tk GUI applications

Last month David Billsbrough introduced us to the Tcl computer
language. This month Steve Litt takes it a step farther, introducing
Tk, the GUI (Graphical User Interface) tool. Tk was written primarily
in Tcl, and even though it's now available for most modern computer
languages, it's easiest in its native Tcl.

Starting with a Hello World Tk application, we'll then go on to explore
widgets such as labels, buttons and inputs, discussing geometry
managers and detailing the grid geometry manager. Changing widget
properties at runtime is demonstrated. Time permitting, we'll explore a
practical green/yellow/red/black speech timer.

SteveT

Steve Litt 
GoLUG Publicity Coordinator
---------------------------------------------------
PLUG-discuss mailing list: [email-masked]
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change your mail settings:
https://lists.phxlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss