Subject: Re: Running Win10 after end of life

From: Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2025 19:39:39 -0700

Thanks Arun!!

On 2025-05-06 18:17, Arun Khan wrote:
> On Sat, May 3, 2025 at 4:13 PM Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>> The app is a video editor.  I use it to make YouTube videos.
> 
> Tell us the name of the Windows App that you use to create YT videos.
> 

Camtasia video editor

> I have not created any YT video content.  However, a search for Linux
> video editors lists many.
> https://www.tecmint.com/best-free-video-editing-softwares-for-linux/
> https://www.lifewire.com/best-linux-video-editors-4176979
> https://www.openshot.org/blog/2010/11/26/easy-upload-to-youtube-and-vimeo/

I've heard a few things about Kdenlive.  I have done no real discovery.  
I know at least one person on the list uses it.  My needs are simple.

> 
> Have you tried any of them?  Are they not compatible with the YT
> ecosystem?
> Are they missing feature(s) that you use on the Windows video editor
> app?

I have not tried any of them.  My needs are simple so I'm guessing from 
what I hear about Kdenlive, I am figuring it might hit the spot.  I do 
need to do some discovery.

> 
> Sure there will be a learning curve with the Linux editor.

I need to put together a list of functionality I need.  The list is 
short  and I have found that AI can help with the learning curve.

> But once you have crossed that hump, you will no longer be dependent
> on the Windows App.

Yes!!

- Keith

> --
> Arun Khan
---------------------------------------------------
PLUG-discuss mailing list: [email-masked]
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change your mail settings:
https://lists.phxlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss