Subject: Win10 laptop has a message.....

From: Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2025 14:40:03 -0700

Hi,

My Win10 laptop has a message on it that it does not qualify for Win11 
and I should look into a new computer....  HAHA ... I'm putting Linux on 
it and will use it for years to come.

In a past thread we talked about my needs, which I am looking at from a 
different angle.

I need my computer for all the basic stuff like mail, YouTube... etc.

Instead of buying a $2k machine I can continue to use old hardware and:

1) Use shared hosting for dev and testing,  One account and add a 
subdomain for each project.
2) Use Canva for making and editing videos + graphics.

All I really need now is a NAS.

So my old laptop with 16Gb of RAM, Intel Core i7-7500U @ 2.70GHz, 
2cores/4treads, 238SSD, and 500M HD, running Linux is all I need.

Any feedback much appreciated.

Keith
---------------------------------------------------
PLUG-discuss mailing list: [email-masked]
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change your mail settings:
https://lists.phxlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss