Subject: Re: Any good html programmers available for hire?

From: Steve Litt via PLUG-discuss <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2025 22:03:30 -0400

On Wed, 25 Jun 2025 16:24:27 -0700
"Snyder, Alexander J via PLUG-discuss"
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> HTML was my first language, circa 1999.
> 
> Fond memories. If it's just HTML, and no complicated server side
> processing ..... What do you need done, that the billion HTML website
> builder sites (eg: Wix etc, etc) can't do?

* Web site builders can't build w3c compliant HTML, so it's likely
  they'll render very differently on different browsers.

* If you switch builders, its very hard to bring your old work with
  you. As your current builder gets updated, changes to your website
  get harder and harder.

* If your builder uses "everything plus kitchen sink" CSS files or
  stores static content in databases, it's going to be slow, even with
  intercontinental caching (CDN -- Content Delivery Network).

* It's amazing how easy HTML and CSS are if approached the right way.
  See https://troubleshooters.com/web/ for details. To do most websites
  you need only a tiny subset of what's contained there.

Steve

Steve Litt 
Spring 2023 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful
Technologist http://www.troubleshooters.com/techniques

---------------------------------------------------
PLUG-discuss mailing list: [email-masked]
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change your mail settings:
https://lists.phxlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss